Skip to Section: Internship Program | Sales Licensing | Appraiser Certification
The Terry Real Estate Program and the Terry Real Estate Society sponsor a virtual resume book that gives members the opportunity to post their resumes on the Internet.
In addition to the website, a mailing will inform hundreds of employers about the site. In order to post your resume on the Real Estate web page and be included in the resume book mailing, you must be a real estate major and a member of the Real Estate Society. Instructions on how to submit your resume will be emailed to the listserv each semester.
The University of Georgia’s Real Estate program offers students the chance to simultaneously earn money, obtain experience, gain crucial practical knowledge that cannot be learned through coursework, and earn credit toward a degree. Intern sponsors often find the students to be real assets and some even offer them full-time positions upon graduation. Both small and large corporations all over the United States have participated in the program. (Employers wishing to provide an internship please visit the Internship Placement page.)
Students interested in an internship should read the information below very carefully.
In order to qualify for an internship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Real Estate major with at least 60 earned hours prior to the term in which you will be working and enrolled for internship credit.
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Have successfully completed REAL 4000 with a grade of "C" or better.
For an internship to qualify, it must provide:
- Relevant work experience in your area of study.
- Compensation of at least $8.00/hour.
- At least 150 hours of work for 3 hours credit and at least 300 hours of work for 6 hours credit.
Obtaining an internship
You should make every effort to find your own position at the beginning of the semester before you wish to intern for credit. If you are a Real Estate major and a Real Estate Society member, you will automatically be added to the REALINFO listserv and be notified of internship positions as they become available. ALL students are strongly encouraged to register with DAWGlink in order have access to employment information provided through the Career Center.
After obtaining an internship, you must:
- Complete the online Job Confirmation Form.
- Register for REAL 4800. Please allow at least 3 working days after you submit your job confirmation form for registration eligibility. You will receive an email from your academic advisor as soon as you are cleared to register for REAL 4800. You may enroll for either 3 or 6 hours credit. You must work at least 150 hours for 3 hours credit and at least 300 hours for 6 hours credit. As with any course in which you receive academic credit, you will need to pay tuition for these hours.
Internship Coursework Requirements
(due after completing your internship)
For specific information on the internship requirements, please refer to the course syllabus. The information provided below is for reference purposes only.
- Photograph of you with your employer’s sign
- One page summary
- Journal of daily activities
- Paper analyzing your employer and your activities during your internship
- Supervisor evaluation - The department will request this information from your supervisor upon completion of your internship.
Real Estate Society Scholarships
Numerous scholarships are awarded each semester through the Real Estate Society. Scholarship applications are accepted starting the first day of the semester until the application deadline as announced over the Real Estate Society’s listserv. Applications received outside of these periods will not be accepted and the student will have to apply again during the open application period.
Only current real estate majors at the University of Georgia are eligible for scholarships. You must also be a member of the Real Estate Society.
The scholarship application form can be accessed using this form. Please select "Add new item" once you have accessed the page.
Undergraduate Student Services
For information related to networking and recruitment. The Office of Undergraduate Student Services in Terry College can tell you all about alumni panels, Employer of the Day, Terry Talks, New Student Welcome, mentorships, and many other opportunities to connect you with recruiters and alumni.
UGA Career Center
For information related to résumés and interviewing. The UGA Career Center is your best resource for résumé writing tips, career fairs, business etiquette advice, mock interviews, and countless other opportunities for professional development.